Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Shutter Color Confusion

So, we moved into our gorgeous home back on Christmas Eve on 2011, and we couldn't be happier with our home. It's the perfect combination of good bones, and great potential. I have just given birth to our second beautiful baby girl, and now that I am back to being sans child in my belly, I can start to tackle some of the projects I have been dreaming about doing. With that being said, I thought I would start working on our curb appeal. Our shutters are currently a really dull burnt brown color, and it feels really really drab to me. Case in point:


I am really loving the teal/turquoise color these days, and feel that it brings a nice and unexpected pop of color. I have been searching online for a few "perfect" shades, and I have narrowed it down to this beautiful shade called tranquility by Valspar. I don't think it is too much pop, but just enough. I would also paint the door the same shade as the shutters. 

So, I put my picture into Valspar's create a project, and tried out the color. What do you think? 


I feel that this color is nice, happy, and unexpected. Now for the hard part: getting the hubs on board!

~ xoxo Amber


4 comments:

  1. Hey Amber! I really like the color you selected (I love a green/blue color). It looks like it would go well with the brick. Question-is there paneling under the window? Would that be painted also or kept white? Do you have a garage? If so, would you paint that? Just trying to get a better picture of the whole front, but I definitely think you're on the right track with this color. It's not loud, but a subtle 'pop' of color. I've changed my front door 2 or 3 times, so if you don't like you can always change! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color ~ one of my faves as well. I think it's beautiful. Greens are good... they go with any seasonal decorations... pretty in the spring...pretty in the fall with pumpkins...pretty for Christmas... I can't tell how green this is, but past experience has taught me to think through the seasons. I'm a little boring at times with "pops" of color, but I love black shutters and front door. I don't think there's much classier than black. Classy and goes with everything. :- ) I know you have awesome style. You'll choose the perfect shade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color! I think it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yayay! love love it! so glad to see you blogging now momma!

    ReplyDelete